Connect Talks: Navigating the Finnish Startup & Angel Investment Landscape w/ Tiina Laisi-Puheloinen, CEO FiBAN
In this edition of Connect Talks, Tiina Laisi-Puheloinen (CEO, FiBAN) and Naimul Abd (CEO, Connect Öst) deep dive into the Finnish Startup and Angel Investment Landscape
Welcome to our fireside chat with FiBAN
Finnish Business Angels Network (FiBAN) is a non-profit association of private investors on a mission to inspire private investments.
The network is one of the largest and most active business angel networks in the world with over 670+ approved members.
FiBAN’s main activities consist of Matchmaking of startups and investors, Sharing of best practices, and Representing the interest of private investors.
In this Connect x FiBAN talk we navigate the Finnish startup and investment ecosystem with FiBAN’s CEO and Connect Öst’s CEO.
🎤 Distinguished Guest: Tiina Laisi-Puheloinen, CEO FiBAN
Tiina Laisi-Puheloinen is the CEO of FiBAN and a former startup entrepreneur and board member of the company Priceff.
Before her career in the startup world, she held international and national leadership positions in several Finnish companies, including Sanoma Digital, Monster, and Isku.
She has also established a career in the Finnish Defense Forces, where she was ranked Major of the reserve in 2021.
💡 Talk Itinerary
- What’s the mission of FiBAN and how does it contribute to the Finnish startup and tech landscape?
- What key factors have contributed to success of FiBAN over the years?
- How does FiBAN encourage a broad range of investors to participate in the network?
- How does FiBAN facilitate connections – what does matchmaking look like?
- How does the network foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing among its members to enhance the overall impact on the startup ecosystem?
- Building a diverse and inclusive network is a challenge – how does FiBAN address this?
- What is a ”typical” startup for FiBAN and what does its journey of raising capital from FiBAN look like?
- Are there any specific sectors or industries that FiBAN is particularly interested in or has observed as promising within the Finnish startup ecosystem?
- How is the Finnish investment climate right now, especially when it comes to angel investment?
- What advice would the network offer to startups looking to attract angel investors and navigate the funding landscape effectively?
- As the CEO, what initiatives or programs is FiBAN currently undertaking to support the development of early-stage startups in Finland?
- How does FiBAN collaborate with international counterparts, and what opportunities do you see for cross-border collaboration between the Swedish and Finnish startup ecosystems? For example Connect x FiBAN?
🎙️ Moderated by Naimul Abd
Naimul Abd is the CEO of Connect Öst. He is on a mission to connect Entrepreneurs with Capital, Competence, and Connections. He is a serial ecosystem builder and the Nordics lead for global ecosystems including Founder Institute, Nutty Ventures, Startup Grind, and Founders Live.
🌐 About Connect Talks
Connect Talks is a catalyst for ideas, inspiration, and impact. Hosted by Connect Öst, we bring top investors, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders to facilitate a dynamic exchange of experiences and perspectives with the Connect universe and the broader startup and tech community worldwide.
This is a digital event. Zoom link will be sent to those who register for the event.
For questions, speaking opportunities, partnerships, or learning more about Connect Öst, reach out to Naimul Abd.